Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What's on your list?

Hi folks,

I’m in Japan, and I’ve managed to check one more thing of my list of things I want to do. Well, it’s not exactly climbing Mt. Fuji (been there, done that ;-), but it was still on my list. I suspect you all (at least of my generation) have already checked this box. And you probably can’t believe that I haven’t until now.













I just saw “Casablanca” for the first time (actually watched it twice, for good measure). Why did I wait so long? What a truly great film. But you already know that. After seeing it, you almost wonder why they moved to technicolor (which of course they had when Casablanca was made). What great lighting. And of course, classic dialog:

“Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world – she walks into mine”
“Play it once, Sam, for old time sake, play it Sam” (where did we get “play it again Sam”?)
“The problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world”
“If that plane leaves the ground and your not with him, you’ll regret it.
“Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.”
“Round up the usual suspects”
“I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship”

So what’s still on your list? And what are you waiting for? You have the rest of your life, but why wait? No one knows how much time that is. Live, do what you really want, and cross one more thing off your list!

“Here’s looking at you kid,”

S-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget: "I'm shocked--shocked, there's GAMBLING going on!"

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other good quotes:
-----
"You despise me don't you?"
"I probably would if I gave you any thought."
-----
Reek! Reek! Save me Reek!

-----
"Go ahead, you'd be doin' me a favor."
(When she pointed the gun at his heart).
-----

"We will be there at 8am!"
"I'll be there at 10am"

-----

"You think for the both of us Darling. Oh, I don't know anything! All I know is I can never leave you again."

-----

Gee I could go on. I know this movie so well. I used to go often with my dates to see Casablance - all through college and grad school too. Walking out of the cinema after seeing that great love story together, I tell ya, I become just like putty their hands, and was very easy to take advantage of.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home